Test Engineering Manager – Northern NJ
Location : Northern New Jersey
Length of Assignment: Full Time direct
Rate range: $90K – $110K annually
Start date: ASAP
Oversees Test Engineering resources and assigns work according to prioritization map. Oversees test equipment design and develops specification documents to support outside builds of test equipment used to support qualification and production testing. Writes test procedures for validation of test equipment. Writes qualification test procedures and ensures proper distribution of qualification test reports.
- Reviews designs of all test equipment and ensures drawings conform to proper procedures and standards.
- Plans workload for upcoming qualification tests to DO160 and MIL810 environmental test standards.
- Coordinates test lab activities with to achieve targeted goals within budgeted use of resources.
- Leads all integration and test activities in the engineering lab and may be required to write test plans and reports.
- Manages selected projects from quotation of the job through completion of qualification and hand-off to production.
- Guides and instructs Designers in need/requirements of load and vibration fixtures.
- Mentors test engineers and test technicians.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to team.
- Ensures departmental cleanliness is maintained (5S/LEAN) at all times.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction with both internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with local test labs to ensure testing needs are meet.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 to 10 years test lab experience in aerospace required. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise and run environmental test chambers.
- Technical writing skills required.
- Knowledge of system integration required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office products required.
Please apply for this position below;