Sr. Project Engineer – Northern NJ
Location: Northern NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 -12 months
Rate range: $65- $75 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for leading the project engineering functions for the development of inertial measurement and navigation products / solutions for use in aircraft, UAV’s, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms. Responsibility includes supervision of personnel, technical adequacy and quality of the work, and adherence to budgets and schedules for the assigned projects. Preference is for a candidate with a background in both hardware and software for avionics systems with experience in the integration and test of advanced navigation equipment in the laboratory and field environment(s). Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to lead project development activities within a certified aerospace quality management environment and be able to comprehend and adhere to defined work procedures and instructions.
- In depth working knowledge of new product development processes, inertial navigation and GPS applications for avionics platforms.
- Possesses the ability to lead a team from the beginning to the end of a project.
- Possesses the ability to lead a team in the definition, implementation, and performance of system integration testing (hardware and software tests) which validate system requirements in a lab and field environments.
- Capable of supporting Bid and Proposal efforts including Cost Estimating and Technical Writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan, organize, supervise, and control work in one or more projects concurrently.
- Drives for results, action oriented.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- B.S. in Aerospace, Computer, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Twelve (12) or more years’ experience in aerospace and/or defense system engineering and associated system software testing.
- In depth technical experience with Inertial Navigation System (INS), Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) applications is required.
- Experience in communication bus standards and operation (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS-422, Ethernet, SpaceWire) and familiarity with software / firmware development standards (DO-178B, DO-254) required.
- Experience required in leading and working within a cross disciplinary engineering team of 2 to 15 engineers relative to the coordination of product hardware and software design, test, and evaluation from the concept through production phases.
- Strong Knowledge (Proficiency preferred) in DOORS, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.