Reliability & Safety Engineer – Northern NJ
Location: Northern NJ
Length of Assignment: 12-18 months
Rate range: $70 – $80 per hour
Start date: ASAP
The Reliability & Safety Engineer will analyze designs, test results, and field performance for reliability and safety considerations according to industry standards. The individual will have knowledge of component related mechanical failure modes, root cause analysis concepts, system safety and hazard analysis.
- Perform Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) on guidance and navigation systems at the piece part level.
- Perform fault tree and system safety and hazard analysis such as FHA, PSSA, etc.
- Work with technical lead to identify reliability critical items and any non-conformances. Offer design alternatives.
- Generate reliability, maintainability and system safety reports for the technical lead and customer reviews.
- Perform system safety analyses per Mil-Std-882, SAE ARP4754A, and SAE ARP4761.
- Perform Maintainability analyses per Mil-Std-470.
- Review customer reliability, safety and maintainability requirements and provide and provide RMS/C analysis.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- Experience in development of airborne and/or other defense electronics systems per DoD and FAA requirements.
- Experience in aircraft assurance processes (i.e.,SAE ARP4754A, RTCA DO-178C, RTCA DO-254)
- Knowledge of aircraft electronics communication protocols (i.e., MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429, etc.)
- Experience in Reliability Goal Setting, Reliability Allocation and Modeling, Reliability Demonstration Testing, Component Derating, Reliability Assessment and Prediction, Reliability Growth Modeling techniques, and Failure Reporting Analysis Corrective Action System (FRACAS),Weibull Analysis, and Six Sigma problem solving.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in bringing new technologies to deployable systems
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and other computer-based tools to support system engineering and briefing/proposal development activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please apply for this position below;