Quality Engineer – Central NC
Location : Central NC
Length of Assignment: 6 months contract to direct
Rate range: $40 – $50 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining the Quality Operating System, ensuring the overall quality of the product and 100% compliance to both TS16949 and Customer specific requirements.
- Responsible for Quality Management System within the Value Streams
- Support third party and internal QMS audits. Coordinate counter-measures and closure of identified non-conformances.
- Conduct and follow up on outcome of management reviews of QMS
- Ensure that site synchronizes and complies with DNA Quality Policy & TS16949 requirements or other QMS requirements
- Participate in facility problem solving activities to reduce scrap, increase capability and productivity, taking lead role for all Quality-related problem solving.
- Coordinate ISIR and other requirements as necessary
- Participate in machine/gage prove off evaluations (MSA, R&R + Cpk/Cmk studies, etc.)
- Develop methods, procedures and embedded tests for inspection, testing and evaluation of products.
- Initiate and support Continuous Improvement and Lean Enterprise activities.
- Co-author PFMEA/Control Plan development in collaboration with cross functional teams, ensuring adherence to AIAG guidelines.
- Provide input to QA Lab personnel for inspection and gauging techniques.
- Visit Customer sites, write reports, and initiate actions to solve customer concerns and PPM.
- Work with suppliers on improving quality, and conduct internal & external (Supplier) audits and issue reports outlining the results of the audit.
- Design forms for recording, evaluation, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Understanding of and ability to apply SPC and SPC systems along with operator training.
- Bachelors degree
- Five plus recent years experience in Quality assurance.
- Experience with Manufacturing Process Audits.
Please apply for this position below;