Product Cost Out Engineer – Northern NC
Location : Mebane, NC
Length of Assignment: 6 – 12 month contract
Rate range: $40 – $50 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Product Cost Out Engineer is responsible for facilitating/implementing product cost reduction projects for multiple electrical distribution products. Working closely with manufacturing, sourcing, and technology engineers to facilitate successful implementation utilizing product/process change management processes including the use of Creo (3D design software) and Windchill (Product Lifecycle Management software. You will be responsible for product assessments, qualification plans and project execution to convert materials: working with plants, suppliers, and technical experts.
- Perform required assessments and report impact to the Technology Systems team and Consulting Engineer
- Ensure/perform appropriate documentation (layout/ design assy /2D drawings / BoMs), and expected results in terms of quality and execution time.
- Develop modifications to existing products, design documentation, as well as testing of the design in the laboratory if needed.
- Create CAD models in a linked model environment using Creo, as well as check, validate, and issue Creo associated drawings
- Work as part of a cross functional team including manufacturing, sourcing, systems engineering and consulting engineer in implementing cost out projects.
- Involve the Change Implementation Board (CIB) to review Change Notices before project release.
- Some travel may be required for testing and plant specific requirements other than at the Mebane NC site.
- Experience as design engineer
- CAD experience with Creo or other 3D CAD software
- Basic knowledge Change management experience (Windchill or other)
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules
- Working knowledge with MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work within a project team environment
- Familiar with agency requirements for NEMA (& IEC) LV ED&C products
- Ability to identify, quantify, and resolve technical problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project schedules
- Ability to design, develop, analyze and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market
- Strong team player with the demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, global, environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, good communication, and interpersonal skills
Please apply for this position below;