New Products Designer – Central NJ
Location : Cedar Grove, NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 month contract to direct
Rate range: $45 – $55 per hour
Start date: ASAP
- Working with Marketing and all necessary company personnel to nurture and develop the ideas and concepts of new and/or revised/improved products, with the goal of ensuring such product designs work well.
- Implementing creative ideas for product designs that will be of obvious interest and benefit to the purchasing public.
- Problem-solving any issues that exist in bringing every design to production, and optimizing the design of new products.
- Experience translating your designs into accurate mechanical drawings with which to communicate all of a part’s features to a fabricator. Following standard drafting standards for their mechanical drawings will be a must.
- Being knowledgeable about metalwork fabrication and finishing materials, and fabrication and finishing processes, not only to facilitate design work, but to evaluate the cost of raw materials, operations, and timeframes towards developing an understanding of overall production costs.
- Being knowledgeable about other part-creation processes, such as stamping, casting, injection molding, forging, extruding, and rapid prototyping.
- Experience with spreadsheets, MRP2, word processors, image processors, etc.
- Creation of all proper documentation, including appropriate virtual models and renderings, detail drawings, assembly drawings, Bills of Material, and, sometimes, even drawings of the tools that are being used to manufacture the products
- Advanced ability to read and create part/assembly mechanical drawings
- Previous experience dealing with Thin (.03- to .12-thick) Sheet Metal, CRS/Galvanized/Precoated; AQL/6-Sigma quality regimes; MRP systems; Product Development planning
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience in sheet metal fabrication and machining
- CAD (using Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical & Inventor, at least 2013 versions)
- Working knowledge of most metalworking, metal forming, and machining processes, including castings of various types, stamping, forging, extruding
- Strong familiarity with plastic-part processes, such as injection molding and extruding.
- Some familiarity with fixture/jig/tooling design also a plus
Please apply for this position below;