Mechanical Engineer Generalist – Central NJ
Location : Central New Jersey
Length of Assignment: 6-18 months
Rate range: $60 – $70 per hour
Start date: ASAP
The Mechanical Engineer will provide a broad range of supporting services and be a proactive participant in a multi-discipline design-analysis team on complex designs for the NSTX-U experimental fusion device. The engineer will also be asked to provide cost and schedule estimates and participate in supporting other project management activities. This person will be asked to write technical reports and give clear oral presentations to design review and other project committees
- Mechanical engineering generalist with experience in machine design, component assembly and various methods of fabrication and joining
- Ability to work within a design-by-analysis team proactively helping to solve complex mechanical issues
- Ability to work with mechanical designers in implementing changes based on analysis results.
- Ability to work with mechanical designers in the creation of appropriate CAD models for FEA or the ability to create CAD analysis models.
- Technical writing and presentation of results to large groups and design review panels.
Minimum Qualifications needed to perform the job
- Degree in mechanical engineering, Advanced degree preferred.
- Documented experience in the design, fabrication and assembly of mechanical components, devices and structures
- Strong 3D CAD modeling skills in PTC Creo or SolidWorks
Other Specialized Skills
- Experience engineering very high magnetic field devices, MRI machines, accelerator facilities or nuclear fusion experimental facilities.
- Experience working on high vacuum equipment, chambers and in-vacuum mechanisms
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench and other ANSYS products like CFX or MAXWELL.
- Documented work record in publications, reports and journal articles that can be verified by references.
Please apply for this position below;