Mechanical Engineer – Central NJ
Location : Central New Jersey
Length of Assignment: 6-12 months
Rate range: $55 – $70 per hour
Start date: ASAP
The Mechanical Engineer will provide supporting services on combined structural and thermal finite element analysis of water-cooled steel structures, graphite and carbon-fiber composite components and other components made from a wide range of materials. Be a proactive participant in a multi-discipline design-analysis team on complex designs and provide cost and schedule estimates for analysis jobs.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench and other ANSYS products like CFX or MAXWELL.
- Ability to manage complex design-analysis tasks in a team environments.
- Ability to work with mechanical designers in implementing changes based on analysis results.
- Ability to work with mechanical designers in the creation of appropriate CAD models for FEA or the ability to create CAD analysis models.
- Technical writing and presentation of results to large groups and design review panels.
Minimum Qualifications needed to perform the job
- Degree in mechanical engineering, Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven skill in various types of Finite Element Analysis.
- Strong 3D CAD modeling skills in PTC Creo or SolidWorks
Other Specialized Skills
- Finite Element modeling of electromagnets and electromagnetic structural loads.
- Analysis experience on very high magnetic field devices, MRI machines, accelerator facilities or nuclear fusion experimental facilities.
- Experience analyzing non-linear buckling of structures preferably under vacuum.
- Documented work record in publications, reports and journal articles that can be verified by references.
Please apply for this position below;