Jr- Mid Level Mechanical Engineer – Northern VA
Location : Northern Virginia
Length of Assignment: 6 contract
Rate range: $45 – $50 per hour
Start date: ASAP
- Provides mechanical engineering support to implement production equipment and / or systems.
- Equipment / component design utilizing CAD systems, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Create detailed drawings from technical information such as supplier documentation, engineering review/ judgment, experience, etc.
- Create equipment layout drawings following industry standards utilizing field measurements, OEM technical information, and data gathered through design review. Systems will encompass various types of process equipment over multiple elevations / locations.
- Creates detailed layouts, assembly and component drawings. Creates and verifies associated BOMs, spare parts lists, setup and maintenance procedures. Updates drawings and documentation to as-built conditions.
- Basic knowledge of ANSI, ASME, NFPA and NEC standards regarding equipment safety and /or area classifications. Researches and interprets industry consensus standards to determine applicability to current and future equipment and / or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Develop technical specifications for procurement of process equipment, piping, utilities and associated construction required for installation. Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analyses, and proposals for integrating machinery and equipment.
- Good ability to make logical decisions based on data, fact & engineering theory / analysis.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems & equipment .
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Must be a perm resident or US citizen
Please apply for this position below;