Forging Engineer – Sanford, NC
Location : Sanford, NC
Length of Assignment: 6 months contract to direct
Rate range: $50 – $60 per hour
Start date: ASAP
The position, through engineering projects and direct interaction with the production teams, supports the business by developing new processes and tooling, leading tool cost reduction activities, and identifying and implementing process cost reduction initiatives.
- Actively pursue and maintain a working knowledge of the state of the art in metal forming processes. Apply this knowledge internally as appropriate to reduce product and operation cost.
- Participate in work group activities related to tooling and process improvements, liaise with other divisions in support of identified projects such as new facility start up, know how transfer, technology sharing, etc.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding new developments.
- Identify and lead or facilitate teams where necessary to achieve key duties. Negotiate priority conflicts as needed for the successful achievement of team objectives.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Lead / Participate in development of specifications for new equipment, participate in negotiation of specifications with supplier, run-off, and installation of equipment.
- Maintain data integrity for all activities using established document control and data security procedures.
- Create and maintain engineering drawings and standards for assigned product, process, and tooling.
- Participate in development planning for assigned facility including scheduling, costing, feasibility review and negotiation of configuration.
- Develop process, production sequence, and tooling for efficient launch of assigned products.
- Lead launch activities, including APQP and direct participation in sample production runs for assigned product.
- Support ramp up to volume production of assigned product to ensure that production and cost targets are achieved (including productivity, operating cost, quality and scrap targets.)
- Actively review the results on assigned product for conformance to targets or improvement opportunities. Principle criteria for review are safety, quality, cost, and productivity. Identify, initiate implement and document solutions based on this ongoing review. Perform analysis on initiatives to ensure that desired outcome is achieved and sustained.
- Lead phase out activities on assigned product to minimize excess / obsolete tooling cost.
- Lead tooling, fixturing, and process related projects which contribute to continuous
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
Please apply for this position below;