Electrical Engineering Manager – Northern NJ
Location : Northern New Jersey
Length of Assignment: Full Time direct
Rate range: $120K – $130K annually
Start date: ASAP
The successful candidate will be a key member of the engineering staff responsible for managing mechanical design engineering team in all aspects of guidance and navigation systems design and seeks innovative solutions using the latest tools and technology to improve mechanical design concepts, practices, and procedures within the department.
Will be responsible for interfacing with executive management, customers, and other departments. Will support customer-funded contracts as well as IR&D-funded contracts. Will require working knowledge of complex mechanical designs and management.
- Must be able to provide clear and concise communication (written and oral), as well as provide professional presentations.
- Mentor other engineers
- Responsible for managing resources to meet project demands.
- Plans workload for electrical design activities
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to team.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction with both internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Travel: ~10% for customer/vendor reviews and meetings
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of proven experience with managing engineering teams in the design and development of complex electrical systems for aerospace
- Electronic design and component derating
- Resource management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain or already have a DOD Security Clearance
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses expert level problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Implements methods to plan, track progress and remain on schedule and proposes strategies for further efficiency
- Anticipates problems and develops sound solutions through implementation of action plans to ensure success
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills
- Drives for results, action oriented
- Displays organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience in analog and digital electronics design – Familiar with both Military and Industry design standards
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design
- Experience with OrCAD PSpice design and simulation tools
- Experience with DO-178B, DO-254 civil certification processes (Preferred)
Please apply for this position below;