Electrical Engineer – Northern Virginia
Location : Northern Virginia
Length of Assignment: 6 – 12 months contract
Rate range: $50 – $60 per hour
Start date: ASAP
- Provides electrical engineering support to implement production equipment and / or systems.
- Plans and designs automated production equipment or systems, such as instruments, controls, machines, and mechanical or electrical systems, by applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Develop technical specifications for procurement of process equipment, piping, utilities and associated construction required for installation. Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analyses, and proposals for integrating machinery and equipment.
- Creates detailed schematics, panel layouts, and system architecture drawings based on industry standards and engineering principles. Creates and verifies associated PLC / HMI programs. Updates schematics, etc. to as-built conditions.
- Reviews, verifies and approves vendor supplied drawings, schematics, panel layouts and / or system architecture drawings. Reviews / approves functionality of vendor supplied PLC / HMI programming and / or system architecture.
- Creates and verifies associated BOMs, spare parts lists, setup and maintenance procedures. Updates drawings and documentation to as-built conditions.
- Basic knowledge of NFPA and NEC standards regarding equipment design, safety and /or area classifications. Researches and interprets industry consensus standards to determine applicability to current and future equipment and / or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition. Creates appropriate documentation.
- Develops and conducts equipment training programs and demonstrates skills to members.
- Coordinates and communicates with affected departments throughout development / implementation process. Participates in design review meetings and /or project status review meetings.
- Prepares / adheres to detailed schedules. Identifies potential problems and proposes countermeasures required to meet milestones / deadlines.
- Prepares status reports, tracks activities and results.
- Strong equipment and systems trouble shooting / root cause analysis skills
- Good ability to make logical decisions based on data, fact & engineering theory / analysis.
- Good ability to develop & implement countermeasures to equipment issues.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems & equipment.
- CAD system experience preferably Autodesk Inventor
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
Please apply for this position below;