Components and Obsolescence Engineer – Central NJ
Location: Central NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 -12 months
Rate range: $65- $75 per hour
Start date: ASAP
The components and obsolescence engineer will provide engineering/analytical support by evaluating electronic and mechanical parts availability, performance, and supportability for aerospace platforms. The selected candidate will work with an engineering design team to explore manufacturing and acquisition alternatives that minimize obsolescence impacts for systems supported. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and follow schematics, engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts lists.
- Establish a Bill of Material (BOM) Obsolescence Management activity making informed recommendations to the Designers on part selection.
- Interface with part and component manufacturers to verify and validate OEM part numbers, qualified manufacturers, qualified manufacturer part numbers, part number availability, alternate part numbers (and sources) and NSN’s for all parts, COTS items, and other components.
- Support engineering staff to reverse engineer hybrid chip sets, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), and custom devices which cannot be found in standard part catalogs. Generate requirements, specifications, and verification/validations procedures for electronics components through the tear-down of the supported systems.
- Support operations, maintenance, repair, and special test procedures that will guide technicians through repair procedures and system operations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports to document progress.
- Support proposals, design reviews, presentations, business development and manufacturing as necessary.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related field with 5-10 years of work experience with aerospace component design.
- Strong knowledge of material properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and electronic parts derating.
- Experience with industry-standard parts and supply databases.
- Exhibit time management skills to support multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
Please apply for this position below;